Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Friday, September 07, 2007

New Job Prospects and Bosoms Again

A few months ago, in a fit of boredom and desire for change, I sent off my CV to a big, international company, and they replied favourably. Sadly they needed me to start immediately, but I didn’t feel I could leave my current Small Company colleagues in the lurch, so I (very) regretfully declined the offer.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from the Big Company asking if I am still interested. They were not offering anything specific this time, but they wanted to know if they should keep my CV on file.

In light of the recent bosom problem and my fed-upness with the proximity of my current colleagues with their irritating habits, I'll answer “Yes, definitely”, in the hope that my potential new boss will either

(a) keep his eyes off my cleavage, or
(b) be such a dreamboat that I won't mind him looking, or
(c) be of the female persuasion.

I’ve convinced myself that the Big Company’s toilets are kept cleaner than here. And I bet the employees won't eat my yoghurts from the fridge and drink the milk for my tea without asking me first. They are mostly Anglophones at the Big Company, and they will understand the importance of fresh milk for one’s tea.

The sheer terror of stepping out of my rut and having to learn new stuff, new work habits and the whole change of routine after seven years in the same place would be really stimulating.

Wish me luck!

7 Comments:

  • At Sat Sept 08, 03:10:00 pm, Blogger Leah said…

    GL, Antipo! By the by, is it possible to comment on your other "secret" blog? You write such great posts and I believe I tried to comment once, but it didn't work. Have I just gone nutty?

     
  • At Sat Sept 08, 07:52:00 pm, Blogger Vivi said…

    Ooh how exciting! I love new beginnings. :)

    Ooh! And I'll know who to hit up for a job next year, too! :P

    Anyway, good luck! And see you next weekend, yes?

     
  • At Tue Sept 11, 02:47:00 pm, Blogger Doc said…

    Stimulation is good, especially where bosoms are concerned.
    But what if future new boss person is
    (a) of the female persuasion and
    (b) can't keep her eyes off your cleavage ?
    Would you still care about your milk products?

     
  • At Tue Sept 11, 10:47:00 pm, Blogger hexe said…

    How exciting - something new and different! Good luck and keep us updated. I'm sure it wouldn't just be your cleavage that would be missed at your current position.

     
  • At Wed Sept 12, 06:38:00 am, Blogger Forest Green said…

    The only thing that really likes change is a wet baby ...

    You'll be fine, Antipo!

     
  • At Thu Sept 13, 04:04:00 pm, Blogger Katia said…

    i was going to write what doc wrote. So... what she said ;)
    I think that a change is as good as a holiday.

     
  • At Fri Sept 14, 11:38:00 am, Blogger Sarah said…

    That sounds very exciting Antipo. I hope the pay is better, you'll have more holidays, great RTT, fab pension, fabber Mutuelle and loads of extra time off.

    Oh, and I hope the work is stimulating too...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home