Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Jekyll and Hyde Ain't Got Nothing On Me!

Am seriously considering going to the doctor for something to deal with my monthly murderous rage. It only lasts a few hours every time, but it can't be good for the children. My heretofore completely useless strategy has been to check my diary and remind myself every month 'Don't forget, the murderous PMT will start any day now. Just try to stay calm and deal with it. Remember it won't last long.'

So yesterday was one of the worst ever. I started the day by screaming at the kids, who were fighting over the computer. I went and switched the PC off all together, in the middle of daughter's chat thingie with her brand new boyfriend. She will quite possibly never forgive me, even though I wrote the boy an e-mail to explain and apologise. She was allowed a long, lovey-dovey phone call with him, so I have partially redeemed myself.

We schlepped our overdue library books all the way to the Fonty library, only to discover it was closed. Of course it was. I bit my tongue and moaned quietly. I abstained from inflicting actual physical injury on anyone in the near vicinity.

I freaked out at the pharmacy because another mentally fragile customer in front of me was told very sharply indeed that he could not have more pills than were on his subscription. HE burst into tears, saying he had a train to catch and needed the meds for his holiday. I was so on edge myself that I couldn't cope with seeing another person's distress. So I ran outside before buying my paracetamol, just to escape that cauldron of seething emotions. The children trailed after me, saying "But Mummy,the lady was just about to serve you!"

I wanted to take the children to the movies, and offered them an ice cream first, to make the wait in the long cinema queue pass more pleasurably. My son got all anxious about how quickly he would have to eat the ice cream, thinking he must finish it before we got inside - he SERIOUSLY underestimated the length of the queue! He ummed and aaahed so long that I snapped "Jesus, you can't just answer Yes or No, can you? Well forget it then!"

I picked a fight with the woman behind me in the cinema queue: she was standing too close, so I asked her to give me some room because her bag was digging into my back. She denied having touched me at all. Silly bloody cow. Nobody fucks with Antipo on PMT day!

Fuck.

So today can only be heavenly in comparison...

My lovely cousin in NZ has advised me that Omega 3 fatty acid, which can be obtained from flaxseed oil has an effect on feelings of general well being, and can be extremely helpful for PMT. I am looking into it right now. It may keep me out of prison!

7 Comments:

  • At Tue Aug 07, 11:11:00 am, Blogger y.Wendy.y said…

    Darling, you are CONTROLLED.

    I have PMS too and it lasts for DAYS..not hours..and my boys are SUFFERING..

    My boobs are so sore that I am wearing heavily padded armour to keep them immobile and render them sensation-free.

    Congratulate yourself..I'd have used every filthy word and phrase I know on each and every person you mentioned in that post..and spat on them too for good measure.

     
  • At Tue Aug 07, 09:29:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poo tit bum!

     
  • At Tue Aug 07, 09:30:00 pm, Blogger Tanya said…

    And why have you locked your blog and why isn't trac invited?

     
  • At Wed Aug 08, 05:35:00 am, Blogger Heather said…

    I've been getting the double whammy the last couple of months with getting PMS, and then the EXACT same thing when ovulating! Nice. Not nice for anyone in the immediate neighbourhood. One of my old standbys,(which I'm going to go purchase very soon again) is Dong Quai. Get the one that says "standardized extract", start taking it as soon as you notice symptoms, twenty or so minutes later: "tra-la-la"! Do you think it's an accident that the name of this "ladies" herb starts with "dong"?

     
  • At Thu Aug 09, 01:42:00 am, Blogger Forest Green said…

    While the omega-3s in flaxseed are good for you (for other things), you need the kind of omega-3s that you get from fish oil. Here is a link to some more information.

    http://www.ascentahealth.com/

    The product I use is called Nutra Sea. It has done wonders for my arthritis (although, I must admit, not so much for my PMS!) I am sure that you should be able to find a similar product there, as the stuff I use is refined from herring in Norway.

     
  • At Sun Aug 12, 03:25:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Antipo! I was gutted to discover that you had locked your blog! I am a stakler of Ms. Mac and yourself :) Anyway, it has been fun reading you blog over the past year or two (I thought I should speak now, or forever hold my peace!). Berlinskiwi (from the mighty Waikato living in Deutschland)

     
  • At Fri Oct 19, 09:40:00 pm, Blogger Mel Thamasucharit said…

    I'm so glad I found your blog and this wonderful entry! I'm so relieved that I am not the only woman on this planet that seriously considers physical injury or bloody murder of anyone that crosses her path on those dreaded days.

    A fellow sister in PMS-angst...
    Melissa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home