Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Dearest Walking Wonderwoman (and Global Blogging Phenomenon),

I'm imagining you striding about the Swiss mountains like a Valkyrie today. Are you enjoying atmospheric, swirling mists and wind too? Perhaps you have cunningly stashed a container of dry ice in your pockets, to enhance the operatic atmosphere, you know. I have had a second strong black coffee this morning, which seems to be dragging my brians from their druggy daze.

Do you remember that boasty comment I posted on your blog years ago, when you wanted to know which famous people your readers had met? Well I've just realised that I left one off my rather long list!

The Lovely Michelle in Welly reminded me this morning, when discussing the recent hysteria engendered by David Beckham's appearance in a charity match with his LA Galaxy team, that I had my pic taken with a certain famous British soccer star, J. Fashanu. It was way back in 1982 when I was captain of our school's First Eleven. He was visiting NZ and guest-coaching school teams.

The annoying thing is, I can't for the life of me remember whether he was the lovely Justin Fashanu, Britain's first ever million pound black footballer who later declared his homosexuality, became a victim of virulent homophobia in the UK, sank deeper into a series of sleazy scandals, bizarrely dated actress Julie Goodyear (Corrie's Bet Lynch) who "admitted to her lesbian past", and finally topped himself in a cold garage in London.

Or whether it was his younger brother John Fashanu, squeaky clean, who became a telly presenter in the UK, then moved to Africa to demonstrate tyres, and is now a television game show host in Nigeria.

All I can remember is that Mr Fashanu was extremely tall (like, a whole metre taller than me!), dark and handsome, and it was a great honour to be coached by him.

I will have to ask my parents to dig out my old autograph book and photo album in order to discover the truth about this perplexing mystery. Or else I won't be able to sleep at night...

Breast wishes,
Antipo
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Comments:

  • At Tue Dec 04, 01:47:00 am, Blogger Mickle in NZ said…

    The photo appeared in the local daily paper.I can't remember which J Fashanu it was either, but happily confirm he was tall, dark and utterly georgous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home