Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Is It International Bitch On Wheels Day Today?

As I gingerly negotiated the icy footpaths with all the speed and grace of a retarded mollusc on my way to work this morning, I heard an elderly lady call out to a decrepit old guy across the street as he emerged from his house. She said "Faites attention à ne pas glisser !" (Be careful not to slip over!) He laughed and replied "Oui, c'est très rock 'n' roll ce matin, hein?"

Had I been in a more joyful and benevolent mood, full of my habitual milk of human kindness, I would have thought "Aah, how sweet to hear an old fossil using such a groovy expression... Old people can be surprisingly cool sometimes."

Alas, that kind thought failed to cross my mind. I sourly thought to myself "Stupid old fucker... I do believe the Simon & Garfunkel song 'Slip-Sliding Away' would be entirely more appropriate in these cirucumstances actually."

Would someone pass the happy pills?

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 22, 02:42:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for visiting.
    Jarred back and covered in dog shit.

     
  • At Wed Jan 03, 11:03:00 am, Blogger lettuce said…

    hahaha.

    of "I can't get up for falling down"!

    Hope you had a good Christmas and will have a great 2007.

     
  • At Thu Feb 01, 09:18:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My husb sang slip slidding away all the way to work this morning. Including picking up a co-worker. It was a long ride ;-)

    (I'm just giving him a hard time! - it wasn't SO bad!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home