Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Letter To The Lovely Gabrielle

Dear Gabrielle,

Darls! Was thinking about Tom Petty this morning on my way to work (and singing him!), and I need your help, 'cos you're so good with words. His nasal and rather whining voice should not thrill me as it does. Normally I'm not attracted to blond guys either. Okay, he's old & grey now, but I think I fell in love with him in 1979: do you remember the album cover for Damn the Torpedoes?



Oooohhh he was just lovely!

So why is he so fabulous? It must be his accent and his music and a whole package of subtle little details that I can't identify. I once had the luck to come across a TV documentary about him on a music channel and luckily I was able to drop everything and watch it! He talked like a country boy, but was clever and articulate. I once heard a Brit say that she loved the US southern accent because hearing it was like being undressed very slowly by a gorgeous man. Yowza! So I need your analysis of TP's attraction asap, or I'll go mad!!

Love H
xxxx


The Lovely Gabrielle replied:

His attraction is that he's sly and clever and funny and has a look in his eyes that says "Yeah, I know you wanna play and I'm REAL good." Plus he's a fucking ace guitar player and can write running riffs that leap straight into your blood and make you want to drive in a car with the top down and your hair streaming behind you, a cool beer between your thighs while the sun is hot on your arms.
Howzat?

You NEED to see him live in concert. His version of "Gloria" and the dialogue in the middle about her knowing he's a lazy, card-playing bum is one of the funniest things I've heard.

Let's get together sometime soon!
G x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home