Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Me? A Planner?

I’m hoping to spend a child-free day in Paris on Saturday and issued a general, yet highly personalised, invitation to my fave city-kid bloggie friends to join me for an afternoon of sleazy fun and high-brow, literary wit.

I am sad to report that eager answers have not been flooding in and causing my in-box to combust. (Aimee, Bloomie, Kyliemac, Pat and Beka, you know who you are! Vivi and Kim are excused on account of being geographically challenged. Wendz, you are forgiven because I know you would have bust a gut to meet me, but you are already going on a charity date with some Swiss-Australian floozie with a Scottish accent, and you can’t back out of it now, for fear of reprisals).

However, that Doll Face, The Lovely Aussie Lass, cancelled all her other plans and exterminated her current friends in order to fit me in! I’m hoping The Lovely and Delightful Adult Runaway, Gabrielle and The Naughty Frog With A Blog will also be able to squeeze me



(in).


Aussie Lass strangely asked me “What are your plans?” as if I were a well-known planner, or organizey-type, obsessive sort of personality. I answered thusly:

My Plans For Saturday

- take son to in-laws'
- eat delish French lunch
- get slightly drunk on good wine
- abandon son
- arrive in Paris, meet Doll Face (Katia) and assorted hangers-on
- get taken to China town
- buy green Thai curry paste
- gossip and giggle
- get cup of tea at 4 pm or turn homicidal
- accidentally empty wallet in English bookshop(s)
- eat Tex-Mex for dinner
- get very drunk on Coronas with lime
- more goss and gigg
- roll home in one piece or miss train and sleep on someone's sofa
- arise looking radiant and hangover-free.

That's not too ambitious is it?

6 Comments:

  • At Tue Jun 19, 06:21:00 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    English Bookshops and Tex Mex. Oh baby. I'd so be there if I could!

     
  • At Tue Jun 19, 08:53:00 pm, Blogger y.Wendy.y said…

    Well....I am torn....Antipo, Tex Mex and ENGLISH books? But then, the effervescent, bubbly, famous Ms Mac? Oh dear me....it's too much..all too much...

    Never mind, I shall console myself with the possibility of a meet up sometime this Summer.

     
  • At Wed Jun 20, 01:59:00 pm, Blogger Doc said…

    DARLIN, You simply MUST kidnap FWaB and bring him to our shin-dig. Oh and come early for the opening of the art exhibit at la gare de joinville...

     
  • At Thu Jun 21, 01:15:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to be the Lovely Mickelino and now I am the Naughty Frog with a Blog. Oh, wait I get it, I am the latter on this blog and the former on the nice one.

    Er... shin dig in Joinville? Joinville as in Joinville le Pont or Joinville as in Boonies warning?

     
  • At Thu Jun 21, 12:54:00 pm, Blogger The Late Bloomer said…

    Antipo, I am truly sorry that I didn't answer your e-mail quickly and efficiently! I do hope you can find it in the kindness of your heart to forgive me. In my defense, I was terribly busy twiddling my thumbs here at my atrociously busy office job. But, well, anyhoo... carry on!

    And if I am able to join y'all on Saturday, I will definitely give you a ring. But things are looking pretty definite for Le Havre this time around...

     
  • At Thu Jun 21, 01:29:00 pm, Blogger Doc said…

    Boonies Warning? BOONIES? We do have electricity and running water out here Darling Lovely Mickelino. (I do not think you are Naughty at least--I know who the REAL Naughty One is.) And we are the Original Joinville, not that it counts for much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home