Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Antipo's Six Non-Weird Traits Meme

The Lovely Nina tagged me and dared me to reveal my six weirdest traits to the blogosphere. It's a fruitless exercise, as I am simply the most normal person who ever lived. There is nothing weird or peculiar about me at all. See for yourselves:

1) As a little girl I loved to strip the seeds off dried grasses in the summer, sprinkle handfuls of them onto my head and spend hours picking them out of my hair, one by one. I am definitely descended from the apes. So what?

2) I sniff my thumbnail when I'm concentrating very hard: it smells nice and comforts me. It protects me from the vicissitudes of life. No, I did not say 'viscosity'. But, if my life were particularly viscous, I am quite convinced that the smell of my thumbnail would protect me from that unpleasantness too.

3) I am reallly quite graceful when dancing or swimming, but hopelessly clumsy in real life. Owing to my lack of stature, the most annoying thing that happens to me on a daily basis is catching my wide dressing gown sleeve on a door handle when carrying a very hot and very full cup of tea from the kitchen to my favourite cosy armchair.

4) I love to criticise others but cannot accept the slightest slight on my own character. It's simply because I am always right, and everyone else is always wrong. Why don't people understand that? Surely it's a well known fact?

5) I cannot bear to do what other people tell me I should do. I'll immediately go and do the opposite, even (or especially) if it's detrimental to my own health. Just to prove who's boss.

6) I love the smell of melting tar on a hot day. That's not even weird. I'm a total failure at weirdness. I know you all do these things too.

7) I'm really not happy if I have to eat a broken biscuit. I've been like this for over forty years. I am not going to change now.

8) As I'm obviously wracking my brains trying to prove that I can be a little bit weird sometimes (just wanna fit it with the rest of you), I turned to The Lovely Ms. Mac for help. Bless her, she thinks I'm perfect in every way too. Most of the time.

But strangely, she suggested I include the Catherine Tate YouTube video about the woman who jumps at everyday noises.....



Ms. Mac says, and I quote: "You know it's a little bit like you, especially when we come to stay!"

I have NO IDEA WHAT SHE'S TALKING ABOUT.

4 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 29, 04:40:00 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    I will eat all of your broken biscuits for you. Even if they're not broken, I will break them and eat them. Because I do very generous things like that for my friends.

    I know another weird thing about you. Apparently you think six is eight.

     
  • At Mon Jan 29, 04:45:00 pm, Blogger deedee said…

    No you don't seem too weird. Your other blog doesn't show up on my computer, but that could just be my computer that hardly works.

     
  • At Sat Feb 03, 04:11:00 pm, Blogger hexe said…

    It is certainly not weird to refuse to do what you are told to do (I feel the same way - who the hell are these people who think they can tell me what to do? I'll show them!). This trait just reminds me that although I may appear to be pushing middle age, I am really still sixteen!

     
  • At Wed Feb 07, 12:12:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Helen, you get the wooden spoon in 'all things weird' competition! Smelling your thumbnail? what's that? Patheticly normal and bland. argh...you disappoint me;-)

    I love that video. I must say, she has the same posh accent as you do!

    thanks for being a sport and doing the meme. Mine made me sound like a major psycho compared to you... and that is sans the grass seeds in my hair...;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home