Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Warning: Nasty Bodily Fluids Ahead!

The unpleasant consequence of a week-long attack of Runny Nose Syndrome is that whenever I laugh, gasp or cough, a veritable cascade of phlegm pours forth from my lungs. I do hope you are not reading this over breakfast! Sorry!

I felt so repulsed by my own bodily functions on my way to work this morning, that I attempted to wittily and elegantly paraphrase Samuel Taylor Coleridge in The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

(Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink ;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.)


Sadly all I could come up with was:

"Phlegm, phlegm everyhere... I wish it would bugger off".

So obviously coffee is needed before I attempt any more Lyrical Ballads so early in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home