Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tales from the Kitchen

Dearest Kitchen Queen,

After massaging my asparagus spears from base to tip with some exquisite olive oil, using the gentlest of fingertip touches, I wrapped them softly in thin slices of subtly smoked bacon before gently laying them into a roasting pan. They'll be served later with a rich (yet fat-reduced, thanks, Thomy!) hollandaise sauce, the creaminess of which coats the inside of your mouth with a velveteen touch before sliding sensuously down to warm the very deepest parts of your being. To accompany bacon-wrapped asparagus-spears, I sliced up a red and a yellow pepper, both sweet and juicy and rich in colour. I tossed them gently in the same olive oil with salt and pepper before arranging them delicately in a separate roasting pan alongside some smooth-skinned, bite-sized button mushrooms. They're all roasting together slowly now, filling the house with a sexy Mediterranean waft of vegetables and oil, all tempting me to scoff the lot before Mr Mac gets home.

You know the best part of it all? None of the children like any of the ingredients, baby! It's all for me and my mister.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Bacon-wrapped love and kisses,

MM
xxxxxxxxxxx

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Feb 27, 08:33:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How could you , and I mean both of you naughty girls!!!
    My parents will come for a five course meal on Saturday and the planned first course was a green asparagus/ orange salad....now I think I got to find something else, as I won't be able to erase this pic of my mind :) ( neither do I want to LOL)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home