Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Love To Love You, Baby

Isn't it amazing how one interprets things so differently with the benefit of age and/or hindsight?

Driving to work this morning, stuck in traffic and listening to my new, second-hand, two euro, garage sale cassette tape of Donna Summer moaning and sighing through 'Love To Love You, Baby' , I couldn't help but titter as I remembered frequently hearing that same song on the radio when I was about twelve years old.

At the time, I liked the music but thought the lyrics boring, and wondered why the poor lady was moaning so much. Perhaps she had a sore tummy, or had been forced to do yucky homework. Maybe her little brother was being a real pain, like mine...

Those very same sighs and moans resonate quite differently with me today!

6 Comments:

  • At Fri May 26, 05:13:00 pm, Blogger Forest Green said…

    All right. I just HAVE to ask! Stuck in traffic? In your lovely, quaint little village? What happened? Spill over from the Renaissance fair?

     
  • At Sat May 27, 04:42:00 am, Blogger Nashe^ said…

    hey there...how did you chance upon my blog?
    cuz my Tracker says you've been there. =)

     
  • At Mon May 29, 10:08:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How can I ever read this particular blog again after having met you in person?

     
  • At Tue May 30, 09:42:00 am, Blogger Antipodeesse said…

    I know Greg, isn't it awful? Now that you know me for the raddled old slapper I truly am, and the fact that I had to use a body double for my "portrait"... things will never be the same again! My mystique is sadly shattered for ever...

     
  • At Tue May 30, 01:41:00 pm, Blogger Antipodeesse said…

    P.S. Greg: I love the way you say "met you in person"...

    It makes me sound really important!

     
  • At Wed May 31, 09:59:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh but you are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home