Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Dear Chip Chipper Chipperoo,

I do love it when you start a Monday off right. Always plan to start the working week in a good mood, I say. It makes the thunderous black cloud which descends over Wednesday and doesn't shift until after lunch on Fridays all the more miserable. Which in turn always makes one far more grateful for a weekend than one should be. She says, not having worked outside of the home since 1997.

Re: French Christmas Parties. Of course, they're nothing like the UK version. Mainly because UK Christmas parties usually take place in December. I can't tell you how disappointed I am that you didn't extend our code name for your Boss out to the naughty blog. But at the same time, it is nice to have a little secret between just us, isn't it?

I'm getting a bit sick and tired of hearing about all this costumery and chicanery that goes on in Ballet School meetings. Not in that I don't want to hear about it, more that I want to see pictures of it. I found this video on YouTube which is what I always think of when you mention your Ballet Classes. In the most loving and supportive way, of course.



"Of course, the greatest honour in ballet is to have a pudding named after you." I made a Pavlova this weekend. It was Australia Day on Saturday. Mr Mac and I celebrated it by going shopping for groceries, having a kebab for lunch and then having raclette for dinner followed by my red berry cocktail pav. It was delicious. Of course, you Kiwis are always claiming that it was one of youse lot what invented the pav. I suppose it's only fair when Australia keeps trying to claim Crowded House and Russell Crowe as sons of the sunburnt country of sweeping plains, ragged mountains ranges and drought and flooding plains*.

Re Sciatica: Don't say nothing to nobody but I think it's getting better. Touch wood and all that. After a horrendous day on Friday where I could barely walk, Saturday was painful but bearable, Sunday was uncomfortable but not too bad and today I seem to be almost pain free. Mind you, it's happened the past couple of weeks that I think to myself on the Friday, "If it's not better by Monday, I'm seeing the doc" and I have am almost miraculous recovery only to be back at square one by Thursday or Friday again. Let's hope this is the end of it and we can all be free of my moaning and carrying on.

My Monday morning has flown past in almost the blink of an eye. I was looking forward to having a long, leisurely morning but find myself having far too much friggin' fun on t'internet and already, lunchtime is looming. I will bid you adieu for the noo. (Ooooh, Latin and Scottish! Is there no end my linguistic talent?)

With love,

MM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*See here.

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 28, 12:31:00 pm, Blogger Mickle in NZ said…

    Depends what the said Russell Crowe has been up to. Good positive stuff and he's "Australian Actor Russell Crowe". Anything dodgy and he becomes "New Zealand born actor...."

    Sadly he seems to have settled down a lot lately

     
  • At Tue Jan 29, 08:42:00 pm, Blogger Andrea Knapp said…

    I too want to see pictures of your ballet missy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home