Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Warning: This Post Contains Many Calories And May Be Hazardous To Your Health

Dearest Ms. Mac, Soulie and Fellow Foodie,

I am delighted, naturally, that you so willingly responded to Dana and Kay’s vegetarian meme, but I am also slightly miffed that I will not be able to do it myself, as you have written almost exactly the same creative and witty answers that I was planning to use myself.

Except of course that I am sophisticated enough to enjoy such delicacies as quinoa, okra and spiced tofu, and not make spiteful and immature jokes about them.

It was a very timely meme, as it reminded me that I was too tired at the beginning of the week to tell you of the gastronomic splendours which came into being in my kitchen last weekend. After a rather long creative drought, I got my cooking mojo back and whipped up the following:

- chicken in tomatoes, capers and white balsamic
- grilled spiced tofu with Vietanamese coleslaw
- grilled salmon steaks with sorrel & sour cream sauce
- endives, red grapes and gorgonzola salad, dressed with white balsamic and walnut oil (droolsome)
- Australian choc & macadamia cookies (made with vast quantities of brown sugar)

Today my colleagues are having a wee office party with drinkies and nibbles, so I baked some savoury mini-muffins:

- a very moist, bacon, celery & grainy mustard filling, topped with sesame seeds
- and an even moister cheese muffin filled with chopped grilled red peppers and sprinkled with paprika.

And I roasted some pecans in butter, maple syrup and cayenne pepper (Nigella). They are so very good, I might have to make you some and put them in a pretty jar for your Christmas present!

I have just made myself extremely hungry, so must bid you adieu for the noo.

Love and Calorific Kisses,

Antipo

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. Do you have any idea as to why I dreamed last night that your lovely husband and The Lovely Gomad were disco-dancing in short, tight, silver hotpants at an office party at Christmas time? I am baffled. Analyse away, my Dear!

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Sept 12, 06:19:00 am, Blogger Mickle in NZ said…

    Not sure which picture in my brain is sthe most alarming - Aussie.Mac or Dear Gomad in silver hot pants. The thought of disco dancing is sheer terror.

     
  • At Fri Sept 12, 07:04:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No thats easy, Ms Mac may have told Antipo about me and my trip to London:) Silver Hotpants + Marc Bolan = fits :):)

     
  • At Mon Sept 15, 07:46:00 pm, Blogger Mr. Urs said…

    I'm fine with being part of your dreams as long as I don't have to dance to an ABBA tune.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home