Naughty Letters to Ms. Mac

Countless noble souls (and many fluffy kittens) sacrificed their lives during the making of this blog. We think you will agree they were worth it.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Expecting, Linzertorte, Jodi Picoult. It's all happening here, baby!

Darling,

How happy I am to bring some excitement into your vacuum of mothingness. Today, not only have I seen with my very own eyes a steam train!, But I am also expecting a very special delivery. Extra-special. Send your very best thoughts.

It may tickle you to know that I got an amusing comment on one of my book reviews, a Jodi Picoult book. It reads thusly:

"i actually liked this book and all the other Jodi Picoult books.
you shouldnt judge her on onlyone of her books.
if you dont like them and think you could do better i'd like to see you write a novel and get an award for it!!
"

I am refraining from responding and going to concentrate on writing that award winning novel instead. I'll be staying away from Jodi Picoult novels in future since it seems that a side-effect of reading her novels is a tendency to lose the power of punctuation, a skill I am quite fond of.

Oh, and now Patrick has just brought home a Linzertorte from his baking class in school. It's a great day indeed!

Have I brightened your day? Pray tell me I have!

With expectant love and cakey kisses,

S
xxxxxx

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Oct 22, 09:53:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah Ms Mac, how dare you judge an AUTHOR by the books she releases! Don't you know she won an AWARD? sheesh.

    :D

     
  • At Thu Oct 23, 12:16:00 am, Blogger Trac said…

    "I'll be staying away from Jodi Picoult novels in future since it seems that a side-effect of reading her novels is a tendency to lose the power of punctuation"

    Brilliant! :O)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home