Antipo's Six Non-Weird Traits Meme
1) As a little girl I loved to strip the seeds off dried grasses in the summer, sprinkle handfuls of them onto my head and spend hours picking them out of my hair, one by one. I am definitely descended from the apes. So what?
2) I sniff my thumbnail when I'm concentrating very hard: it smells nice and comforts me. It protects me from the vicissitudes of life. No, I did not say 'viscosity'. But, if my life were particularly viscous, I am quite convinced that the smell of my thumbnail would protect me from that unpleasantness too.
3) I am reallly quite graceful when dancing or swimming, but hopelessly clumsy in real life. Owing to my lack of stature, the most annoying thing that happens to me on a daily basis is catching my wide dressing gown sleeve on a door handle when carrying a very hot and very full cup of tea from the kitchen to my favourite cosy armchair.
4) I love to criticise others but cannot accept the slightest slight on my own character. It's simply because I am always right, and everyone else is always wrong. Why don't people understand that? Surely it's a well known fact?
5) I cannot bear to do what other people tell me I should do. I'll immediately go and do the opposite, even (or especially) if it's detrimental to my own health. Just to prove who's boss.
6) I love the smell of melting tar on a hot day. That's not even weird. I'm a total failure at weirdness. I know you all do these things too.
7) I'm really not happy if I have to eat a broken biscuit. I've been like this for over forty years. I am not going to change now.
8) As I'm obviously wracking my brains trying to prove that I can be a little bit weird sometimes (just wanna fit it with the rest of you), I turned to The Lovely Ms. Mac for help. Bless her, she thinks I'm perfect in every way too. Most of the time.
But strangely, she suggested I include the Catherine Tate YouTube video about the woman who jumps at everyday noises.....
Ms. Mac says, and I quote: "You know it's a little bit like you, especially when we come to stay!"
I have NO IDEA WHAT SHE'S TALKING ABOUT.